The initial question we usually get when we tell people that we’re taking this journey, is usually a reconfirming question stemming from disbelief. Often something like “Wait, like “around the world” around the world?” After THAT, the number one question that people ask is “Where are you going?”
Deciding on our locations took a lot of discussing and planning. In part, we were bound by the time we wanted to spend abroad, our budget (sorry African Safari) and the flight routes that our Reward ticket would take us. Also, many people told us that the mistake people make when taking a trip such as this is trying to see too much in too short a time. So, we’ve opted for longer stays in fewer places. In the end, we’re relatively ecstatic about the destinations that we’ve chosen. We’re working our way west and our first official flight leg leaves from Los Angeles
Current Location: New York City. Have not yet departed for trip!
Scheduled Stops on our Round The World Trip:
1. New Zealand – Both North Island and South Island – 13 Days
2. Japan – Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto, Chibu, Kyushu, Kansai – 8 Days
3. China, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore– Guangzhou, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhau Provinces – 10 Days
4. Copenhagen, Denmark – 3 Days
5. Baltic Sea Cruise – 9 Days
6. Eastern Europe – Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Germany- 28 Days
7. United Kingdom – Glasgow, Scotland and all the way down to London – 9 Days
8. Argentina/Chile -Buenos Aires, La Pampa, Mendoza, Cordoba, Santa Fe, Rio Negro, Santiago- 21 Days
Our last Flight touches down in Atlanta even though that’s not our final destination in the US. Why? Because, as the old Southern expression goes, when your times comes and whether you’re going t heaven or hell, you’ll probably have to change planes in Atlanta.